Friday 5 June 2009

RHYME & REASON



I don't believe I'd never seen this film before about a few weeks ago, I'd never even heard of it, let alone knew of it's existence. This is one of the best Hip Hop films I've ever seen. Perfect as an introduction to the idea of Hip Hop culture as a business. The film also serves up lots of golden footage of all the old school greats talking about what it is they do. From the opening with Meth you can tell the film is on the real, not some fake Hollywood ish.
The film was directed by Peter Spirer, who also made the famous 'Beef' Hip Hop films. Spirer has also recently made a number of films, one on the Hip Hop Police, which I can't wait to see.
So wrap up your blunt, crack open that Henny and enjoy one of the best Hip Hop films I've ever seen.
Peace

Watch the whole thing right here...


No comments:

Post a Comment